The 24th International Symposium on Transportation and Traffic Theory (ISTTT24) will be held at Beihang University from July 24 to 26, 2021. The ISTTT series is the premier gathering for the world’s transportation and traffic theorists, and for those who are interested in contributing to or gaining a deeper understanding of the field. The Symposium covers both scientific and operational aspects of transportation and traffic systems spanning all modes of transport, while topics related to logistics, behaviours, economics, optimization and new business are also welcome.
The Symposium welcomes contributions to the following topics, but does not limit to:
• traffic flow theories and application
• traffic control and disruption management
• travel behaviour analysis and demand modelling
• transportation economics and management
• transportation network modelling and optimization
• data analytics in transportation research
• multimodal transportation system analysis, design and operations
• interactions between transportation systems and urban economics
• smart city and sustainable transportation
• freight transport modelling, logistics and supply chains
• pedestrian and crowd modelling
• emerging technology application in transportation and traffic systems
• new business such as shared mobility, on-demand mobility and mobility as a service
To present a paper at this event, an extended abstract (2000–3000 words) should be submitted electronically (word or pdf format) at https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=isttt24 (EasyChair for ISTTT24) by 15 December 2019. If the abstract is accepted, a full length manuscript will need to be submitted by 15 June 2020 for final evaluation. The evaluation will be undertaken by referees drawn from the International Advisory Committee of the ISTTT and other prominent researchers from around the world. Final acceptance of a paper will thus be based on peer review of the full paper. Authors of accepted papers will be asked to produce a final camera-ready manuscript in Word format by 10 February 2021, for publication in the proceedings. Following the tradition of previous Symposia, one presenter per paper will be exempt from the registration fee and eligible for some accommodation assistance. The official language for the ISTTT is English.